Price is Exclusiv VAT
Embark on thrilling expeditions aboard the Arksen 85 PROJECT OCEAN, meticulously designed in collaboration between Arksen and Humphreys Yacht Design and expertly crafted by Arksen in the UK. Interior design and sustainable material selection by multi-award-winning, Design Unlimited. She can comfortably accommodate six guests and two crew.
PROJECT OCEAN embodies Arksen’s focus on safety, robustness and a seamless journey blending comfort, security and efficiency. Built to meet commercial regulation (MCA) standards, this vessel offers unrivalled accessibility, empowering you to explore remote destinations with confidence and peace of mind. Designed to handle any obstacle, PROJECT OCEAN lets you embark on remarkable adventures with unwavering assurance.
This vessel is a testament to innovative engineering, seamlessly combining remarkable efficiency with unmatched comfort. Its advanced hybrid propulsion system, state-of-the-art stabilization technology and exemplary systems engineering optimize efficiency while reducing emissions, noise and vibrations. Supported by active fin and gyro stabilizers, PROJECT OCEAN ensures supreme comfort and stability throughout your voyage.
Designed for simplicity of operation and minimal maintenance, PROJECT OCEAN allows you to fully immerse yourself in the excitement of exploration. The hybrid propulsion system offers multiple redundancy and in-service maintenance, ensuring your focus remains on your adventures and reducing the need for downtime. Her aluminium construction provides exceptional strength, corrosion resistance and insulation, minimizing the level of maintenance required.
The choice of an aluminium superstructure was an important one, as it reduces her environmental impact. The aluminium is made from 40% recycled content and is fully recyclable at the end of life, reflecting a strong commitment to sustainability.
PROJECT OCEAN has been designed and engineered for progressive, “preservation” cruising — a first in yachting. This means she has a truly transoceanic 7,000nm range (comparable to motor yachts three times her size). She has the ability to switch to zero emissions mode and silent running at your destination, thanks to the solar array and hybrid propulsion. The virtual anchor also enables the vessel to visit protected marine environments and leave no trace.
Arksen and Humphreys Yacht Design have achieved this by developing a very efficient low displacement/length ratio hull form and incorporating features such as twisted flow rudders to minimize resistance. This will naturally benefit the owners’ running costs and reduce emissions. Her hull design is complemented by the Praxis hybrid propulsion system. PROJECT OCEAN achieves near-silent running at all times as the electric motors and generators are mounted and insulated to limit noise and vibrations.
Embark on your adventures knowing you’re treading lightly on the environment, enabling future generations to enjoy our planet’s wonders.
Complementing her exceptional capabilities, PROJECT OCEAN features a custom-fitted Tesumo timber deck with a 3D milled cork panel underlay that follows the contour of the deck structure on the underside and provides a perfectly flat surface on the top. In addition to reducing the adhesive required during installation, the cork layer provides additional acoustic and thermal insulation.
The large aft deck was designed to be a flexible space for storage for up to a 5.5m tender, with a high-capacity crane or to allow for vital ocean research. Owners who take the Arksen Sea Time Pledge gain access to a global network of scientists looking to conduct research in some of the most beautiful and fragile locations. You have the opportunity to gain an ultimately unique experience for you and your guests while also providing vital ocean access for marine scientists and researchers. This remarkable attribute sets this Arksen 85 apart from similar vessels of the same size, enhancing your adventures and embracing the spirit of exploration.
Embark on an extraordinary journey aboard PROJECT OCEAN, where reliability, robustness and breath-taking discovery converge. This true exploration yacht ensures your safety, unrivalled comfort and effortless operation. With minimal maintenance and profound respect for the environment, she paves the way for remarkable expeditions that redefine your perspective.
- New build 85% completed by Arksen on the Isle of Wight
- Hybrid propulsion system for high efficiency, lower emissions, silent running, low vibrations
- Aluminum-built for minimal environmental cost and fully recyclable; excellent quality in terms of weight, strength, corrosion resistance and insulation
- Zero speed stabilization system
- Built to commercial regulation (MCA) and below 24-meter load line
- Low maintenance and running costs
- Ample storage capacity for up to 5.5 meter tender and toys
- 3 guest cabins for up to 6 guests
- Open galley on the main deck
Dimensions & Capacity
|Fuel Tank||18,000 L|
|Fresh Water||6,000 L|
|Holding Tank||1,400 L|
|Hull Config||Fast Displacement|
|Max Speed||14 Knots|
|Cruising Speed||12 Knots|
|Stabilizers||Standard and Zero Speed|
Hull & Dimensions
- Type: Arksen 85
- Hull: Aluminum
- Superstructure: Aluminum
- Builder: Arksen Ltd
- Model: Arksen 85
- Year built: 2023
- L.O.A: 27.40m
- Hull length: 26.22m
- Beam: 7.01m
- Draft: 1.55m
- Displacement: Full Load 112 tonnes
- Cruising Speed: 9-12 knots
- Max Speed: 14 knots
- Max Range: 7,000 nm
- Max Electric Range: 30 nm
- Design: Arksen / Humphreys Yacht Design
- Engines: 3 x 200kW Variable Speed Diesel Generators (Praxis Hybrid System)
- Propulsion: 2 x 250 kw Electric Motors
- Fuel Capacity: 18,000 litres
- Fresh Water capacity: 6,000 litres
- Black water tank: 900 litres
- 550 litres sludge tank
- Keenan Fuel Polishing System
- Cathelco Seafresh H2016 Mk3 Duplex RO Water Maker, 2 x 276 lph
- Cathelco HEM Water Softener
- Hamman Compact 0125 Sewage Treatment Plant
- Thrusters: OYS 36kW Fixed Bow Thruster/ OYS 36kW Swing Down Stern Thruster
- Control: Wireless, joystick control position keeping and maneuvering system
- Stabilisation: Humphree Fin Stabilisers
- 1 x SK 09 and 1 x SK 18 Seakeeper Gyro Stabilisers
- Humphree Interceptor Ride Control System
- Air Conditioning: MAR-IX Air Conditioning System
- Heating: CWarm 33 Diesel Boiler
- Generators: 3 x 200kW Variable Speed Diesel Generators
- Batteries: 160kWh LiFePO4 Propulsion/House Batteries in A60 Battery Room
- 200 Ah LiFePO4 24V DC Service Battery Bank
- 300 Ah LiFePO4 24V DC Emergency Battery Bank
- 100 Ah LiFePO4 24V DC GMDSS Battery Bank
- Shore Power: 3 Phase 63A 50Hz or 60Hz, Glendinning shore power cable reels
- AC Power: 3-Phase 400V 50Hz AC Power to primary consumers
- Single Phase 230V 50Hz AC Domestic ring main
- Solar Power: 6kW Maximum output
- 4 x 24” Touchscreens at the main bridge for navigation, control and monitoring
- 2 x 24” Touchscreens at the lower bridge for navigation, control and monitoring
- 2 x Furuno DR12A NXT Open Array Radar Scanners
- Anschutz Standard 22 Compact Gyro Compass with heading repeaters at each bridge
- Furuno SCX-20 GPS Compass
- Furuno PG700 Solid State Rate Gyro Fluxgate Compass
- Furuno Autopilot, control head at each bridge
- Furuno GP170 GPS
- Furuno GP39 Backup GPS
- Furuno FA-170 Class A AIS
- Furuno FI-70 Instruments at main bridge, lower bridge, crew cabin
- Furuno TZT3 9F MFD in crew cabin
- FLIR M364C Stabilised Camera
- 4 x External, 2 x Engine Room, 1 x Battery Room CCTV Cameras
- Network Video Recorder
- 2 x Furuno FM4850 VHF with handsets at the upper and lower bridge
- Thrane LT-3100S Iridum GMDSS
- Furuno Felcom 9 Inmarsat C Terminal
- Sailor 4300 Iridium Certus Satellite Data
- KVH VSAT V7HPS Satellite Data
- Furuno NX700B Navtex
- Yellowbrick YB3i Tracker
- Pepwave MAX BR1 Mk2 4G Router
- Onboard WiFi Network
Audio & Video
- Sony 55” TV on a lift in the main saloon
- Sony 40” TV on lift in upper saloon
- Sony 43” TV in snug/office
- Samsung 32” Frame TV in master cabin
- Apple TV, Chromecast and network connection for each TV
- Sonos Audio in each cabin and saloon
- Sonos Audio at main deck and upper deck aft seating areas
- Sonos Move portable audio for external spaces
- OutClass-R Media Server
- Crestron Control of AV and Hotel Systems
- Ultra 130 kg SHHP Stainless Steel primary anchor
- Lewmar Claw 80kg Stainless Steel secondary anchor
- 140m of 14mm stainless steel short link chain per anchor
- 2 x Lewmar V8 3-ph Vertical Stainless Steel windlass with Gypsy and Warping Drum
- 2 x Andersen 62 stainless steel self-tailing winches for aft deck line handling
- 2 x Lewmar EST REVO back winding winches for outrigger and lifting control
- Opacmare 3078-45 hydraulic crane for tender handling
- Carbogale carbon fibre folding gangway
- Master Suite configured as double ensuite bedroom, plus snug/library/office/cabin with direct access
- Port guest cabin can be configured as double, twin, or triple
- Starboard guest cabin can be configured as single or double
- Twin crew cabin
- Laundry/utility/storage space
- Main deck aft lobby with storage and day head/shower
- Open plan galley and large seating/dining area on the main deck. Office/concealed bridge area forward.
- Seating/dining area on bridge deck. Ships office/chart table. Bridge area forward.
- Seating/dining area on main deck aft. Awning for shade. Servery/BBQ area.
- Seating/dining/sunbathing area on the main deck forward. Awnings for shade.
- Seating areas on the bridge deck forward and aft
- External decks covered in Tesumo sustainable timber
De specificaties zijn volgens opgave eigenaar en/ of fabrikant, hier kunnen geen rechten aan worden ontleend.
The specifications are provided by the owner and/ of manufacturer, no rights can be derived from this.
Die Angaben beziehen sich auf Eigentümer und/ oder Hersteller, hieraus können keine Rechte abgeleitet werden.